Over the weekend, I needed a little food for my soul … I wanted to feel like it was raining, and a big bowl of soup was the way to do it. This particular soup is sweet, savory, spicy, and so easy to make.
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups veggie broth
- 2 T coconut oil
- 2 T mild red curry paste
- 1 can drained chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 t powdered ginger (or minced fresh)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (cut into thirds)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 small red onion (diced)
- Handful of torn cilantro
- Salt & pepper to taste
How To Make:
- Heat coconut oil in pan. Add red pepper & onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add garlic, peas, chickpeas, curry, ginger, and salt & pepper. Combine & cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, and coconut milk. Stir to combine, and cook until well heated through.
- You can serve immediately (over rice), and top with fresh cilantro … It also reheats really well!
See! So easy!! Enjoy.