I feel like I’m on the verge of feeling like myself again, but week 16 still had plenty of gags and pukes. There’s a silver lining in there somewhere. In an effort to be more positive, I absolutely can’t believe I’m 4 months pregnant … and there are only 5-6 months left in this journey! I’ve been looking forward to feeling better, so I can really lean in to the idea of this baby arriving this summer.
- Aside from feeling like crap most of the time, I, physically (like hips, back, heartburn, etc.), feel really good. I’m a bit surprised that my body still feels so good, considering my activity level has been somewhere between a rock and a sloth for the last 3 months.
- Last time, I was starting to feel good – I AM SO HOPEFUL!!!!
- I’m finally feeling up for cleaning and helping around the house a bit. Last week, I cooked for myself!! This is huge.
- We have some awesomeness (yes, real word) coming up soon: my mom is visiting in just a couple of weeks, then my sister will be here!! We have some travel and camping planned, and I’m just so ready to jump into Spring (feeling like myself).
- Alba is continuing to embrace this journey. There have been many questions (like, if my head will get big too, or just my belly), and she loves giving love to the baby.
- Having a second baby is pretty interesting. Not only does it go super-fast, but sometimes I forget I’m pregnant. Then, when it comes to the prep list for the baby, we don’t really need anything this time around. I’m thinking maybe I will invest in some meditation or self-care “classes” … something to channel that energy into.
- I see my midwives on Thursday. I’m excited to hear the baby’s heartbeat!!
- I’m still in the limbo of thinking that maybe I’m feeling the baby move, but I’m still so unsure.
I’m feeling lazy, so I’ll be grabbing these updates from the Mama Natural week-by-week guide!
- Baby is developing many beautiful details this week, like creases on their palms, knuckles, and actual fingerprints.
- The umbilical cord is totally mature now, with one vein that carries oxygenated, nutrient-rich blood to the baby, and two arteries that carry deoxygenated, nutrient-depleted blood away.
- Baby’s heart is hard at work, pumping upwards of 25 quarts of blood each day, which is amazing and will only increase as the weeks go by.
Then & Now:
16 weeks with Alba:
16 weeks with Baby Dos: