It’s been just over a month since we announced that we were expecting our 2nd baby (no clever nickname yet) … I can’t believe it’s only been a month! In true “the universe is punishing me” form, this pregnancy has been rough. Like, who would ever allow a mama to have a harder 2nd pregnancy? Chasing after Alba while dealing with constant fatigue and nausea has been hard. While I am so grateful for the opportunity to grow and carry this baby inside of me, I am SO ready for this part to be over – bring me the true 2nd trimester, where everything is candy and rainbows. In an effort to not neglect this child’s memories from the beginning, we are attempting to keep up on weekly photos, just like we did last time. For one, I want to compare photos and symptoms, but two, I think this little human might like to read all about their life before joining us on the outside.
- According to this week last time, I was done gagging. Not the case this time around. I’m still gagging about everything, and puking is happening every 2-3 days.
- Most food is the devil. Major food aversions (like, I’m going to end this sentence sooner than later, because I can’t even think about it). I can’t wait to eat a salad again!
- Aside from the nausea, things are feeling good. I don’t have aches or heartburn yet (yet), so I’m really trying to embrace the last weeks before those symptoms are likely to arrive.
- Alba has been pretty damn amazing lately. We had a lot of developmental leaps right before she turned 3 – which happened to be when we found out we were pregnant. There were a lot of “we’ve made a huge mistake” moments, but things are really, really lovely right now.
- I definitely have a bump. I’m almost exclusively wearing maternity leggings + long tops. I much prefer being in this stage in February (vs. July last time). I haven’t had to purchase much, and I’m in pure comfort clothing.
- So far, we’ve had two ultrasounds. I hope to share the images from the 1st trimester scan, but the money shot (of baby’s beautiful profile) is on Instagram. We have our anatomy scan in early March, and I can’t wait to see baby again.
- I don’t have any intuition if baby is a girl or boy. I can’t remember when I assumed Alba was a girl … I feel like I just knew the whole time.
- I’m still in the stage of wondering if every twinge is the baby moving. I’m not quite sure, but I think I’ve felt a few small movements.
- Baby is growing a lot right now. S/he is now about 4 inches from head to butt, and the size of a large apple.
- S/he’s busy moving amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in their lungs begin to develop.
- Their legs are growing longer than their arms now, and they can move all of their joints and limbs.
Then & Now:
15 weeks with Alba:
15 weeks with Baby Dos: